Tuesday 5 May 2009

Be good to Bees

Jack has received a pack of free flower mix seeds today from the Blue Peter campaign to encourage bees in our garden.

I have also ordered some gardening books today for myself (Allotment Month by Month by Alan Buckingham and The Thrifty Gardener: How to Create a Stylish Garden for Next to Nothing by Alys Fowler) and a couple for the children which I am hoping will have projects for us to do to encourage wildlife etc.

Just checked the seed tray with the capsicum in; still no sign of germination after 15 days. I may have to record this one as a failure, I’ll give them another 10 days and then it the compost bin.

Think I might try and swap some of my spare seeds for someone’s fresher capsicums seeds and try again.

Must remember to get some more potting compost.

2 comments:

  1. How do you find all these campaigns for childred? I can't believe I didn't hear about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I was on the hunt for free seeds (I'm a little embarrassed now) I just put 'free seeds' into google, plus I followed links from BBC & Cbeebies

    ReplyDelete